Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving, a Birthday, odds and ends


TURKEY DAY! We had our friends over for dinner, being from New Zeland, they had never had Thanksgiving dinner before. We sat and watched the Macy's parade, and then played some Cranium (what a hoot that was!) while we waited for all the food to cook.

I cooked a 22lb turkey. He was delicious, and since I always cook my birds upside down, the meat was very moist and juicy!

I made: mash potatoes, stuffing, roast parsnips, butternut squash, candied yams, carrots, green beans, whipped cream with fruit(yes, my husband eats it with his turkey) and cranberry sauce and gravy. We had sooooo much food! *EDITED NOTE* I also made bread sauce, to go with the turkey, I love me some bread sauce!

This is my friends plate. I love my dinnerware, but the plates are huge, and one always seems to load it up, and before you know it, you have food enough for two! We made 2 pumpkin pies, and a dutch apple pie.

Later that evening I made hot turkey sandwiches for everyone.

Saturday was my sons 13th birthday. He was up at 6am, all ready to go (normally he sleeps late) to open all the cards he received from his relatives. My poor husband had to trail around to 7 shops looking for Guitar Hero: World Tour. Eventually they came back with the game that contains one guitar, and it happily enough, it came with a bonus guitar, but, no drums or microphone. THEN, we discovered the fact that the drums and the mic from Rock Band (which the kids got last year for Christmas) work with Guitar Hero World Tour: SWEET! so, we jammed all night. Whats cool about Guitar Hero is, 4 people can play AND the songs are more recognizable. Rock Band has too many songs I have never heard of! (I will post pics next time)


I made these shoes. I have yet to post them in my store, I need to take more pics, because I don't have any of the intricate branches that weave around the back of the shoe. These took me a REALLY long time, because, the owl has 5 pieces I hand cut, hand sewed, and then assembled together, to give a 3D effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you went all out on Thanksgiving Dinner. We did too but I had some help. Those shoes are so precious! Beautiful work.

Buy My Crap said...

thanks sweetness : )

I LOVE roast parsnips, forgot to say, I also made bread sauce too!