Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a fresh beginning

It is always sad to let go of things old, and allow the new to wind its way in to our hearts, but with the new, comes the chance to really make life altering changes, for the better.

This year I have decided to do a lot of soul searching and "find my path" again. I have felt for the last few years that everything has revolved around everyone else in the family, while I have just gone along for the ride. I can't do it any more. I can't be the person who has nothing just so everyone else has everything. It eats away at me, and I believe I can't be a good wife and mother when I feel so badly about myself.

So I have decided these things:
1) Be kinder to myself
2)Take time to work on things that make me happy
3)Work on my shops
4)Work on promoting said shops
5)Work on products and product placement
6)Try to blog everyday as a means of networking
7)Make my shop a "business" and treat it as such rather than a "hobby."
8)Make friends and contacts
9)Find ways to get my foot in the door
10) Be motivated, don't put things off.

I am sure I will find other things I want to do, but for now, this is a start.

2 comments:

Little Woman said...

I think putting yourself first it just what the doctor ordered!

Your shops are lovely and I think that you will do well in the coming year and i feel fortunate to have you in my small networking circle.

Promoting is something i need to work on together...maybe we can have long distance chats about promotion and have tea dates...lol! (we can drink tea at the same time and chat :) )

I have missed talking to you as often as i used to...that is one of my plans of things to remedy for the new year!

Buy My Crap said...

I miss ya too, BEFF! *hugs*